Sunday, February 28, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
By Rick Levine
You are usually able to manage your feelings by keeping them under wraps. But slowly, suppressed anger is likely to boil up to the surface today and even spill out into the open. Instead of wasting your energy by pretending that you are surprised, it's smarter to acknowledge what you have known for a while. And although your emotions may be inconvenient, it's important now for others to know your heart
Sometimes it just hits the nail right on the head!!!!!!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
I'm going to go a little meme and try to finish my Disney Social Media Mom's Celebration post for tomorrow. I'm not promising anything but I will try! I owe it to my Moms since they gave me the shout outs! I have SO MUCH emotion about these ladies ( and Lou and JoshySquirrl and TonyTonyTony) that I am afraid I wont do my experience any justice but I will try my hardest!
I don't have a blog to tag this from because I saw it on Facebook...... *shrugs* here we go!
1 - What would you do if you came into a lot of money?
I would pay the rent on our townhouse for 2 years and then start looking for a house. That way we are secure here but have time to be picky about a house forever! I would pay to have my grandparents house revamped in NH and then buy Mom and Dad a house here in Florida. I would GO BACK TO SCHOOL and send James back to school. I would go get botox for my Hyperhydrosis. I would Buy James a new truck. I would buy Mom a motorcycle so she could ride with Daddy in the Florida Sunshine. I would buy Tuckers a cute car and Cade a Vespa!!!!! (hahaha) I would donate some money to Special Olympics and Susan G.
2 - What would you do if you were invited to a nude gathering/party/wedding, etc.?
I would grab James and he and I would go get waxed within an inch of our life and then go party! Why Not? I may not be the most attractive naked person but why the hell not? You only live once!
3 - You dream of an disaster approaching in three days (tornado, hurricane, earthquake, meteor). What do you do, if anything?
I would call EVERYONE in my phone and tell them I love them, make some cookies, grab a pepsi and wait! While my dreams are very telling in my real life...... a natural disaster would be a bit much!
4 - You get to choose the Vice Presidential candidate for John McCain. Who do you choose to help him win or lose, and why?
oh wow....... I have no idea. I stay FAR AWAY from politics....... I don't even want to go there.
5 - You are in a witness protection program. Who do you decide to be, where will you live, and what profession will you choose?
I am a diner owner in Minneapolis, Minnesota named Millie!!! Yeppers! I chew gum and have LOTS of aqua net in my hair and turquoise fake nails and call everyone Doll and Sweet cakes!
6 - You made reservations at a swanky restaurant. You are seated. The host screws up and brings someone famous that you happen to admire… to sit with you. Who’s the surprise company, and what’s your reaction?
Craig Ferguson! I adore that man and I would love nothing more then to spend a night picking his brain! I think he is sexy and hysterical and I TOTALLY want to be his friend!!! I think he would think I am boring but I would try my hardest to keep up with his witty banter!!!
7 - Your senses merge and you see colors and visions when you listen to music, particularly choir ensembles or classical. What do you see when you hear your favorite piece?
My most favorite choral ensemble we did when I was in high school was a 17 minute Les Mis mashup! (Gleek) If I could see colors and pictures when that was sung I would be a happy panda! I would see purples and blues and greens with orange starbursts and pictures of Sleeping Beauty Castle at Sunset through the Fireworks! To be able to see those when I close my eyes would soothe all my worries!
8 - Describe how you are lucky.
this is a hard one for me...... I know I am lucky because I have and AMAZING Husband and an AMAZING family and in the past few months I have gained some AMAZING friends but.... my luck in life lately (besides contest winnings) just hasn't been happening! Between ex friends/work/court/life in general on the every day.. life has been unlucky! BUT I need to not dwell and look towards the future and make my life the best I can! I need to remind myself that I control my life.....NOT the coulda shoulda wouldas!!!!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
1. Favorite Valentine's candy? White and Yellow Conversation Hearts
2. Pink or red? Both!
3. Will you be doing anything to celebrate today? We are going away to celebrate tomorrow!
4. Do you put up Valentine's decorations? No Ma'am.... too much work and nobody will appreciate it!
5. What does Valentine's Day mean to you? It is only one day but I love getting cards! lol.....
6. Would you rather get..flowers, candy, or a night out? night out!
7. Sexy lingerie or nothing.at.all? Dorm Wear and a tshirt please! LOL.....
8. Do you say Valentine's Day or Valentime's Day? Valentine's Day.....
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
2 nautical Anchors out of 5........ I feel SO BAD but...... its the truth!!!
Monday, February 8, 2010
I got the CUTEST reuseable shopping bags at Forever 21 yesterday!!! OMG!!! SO CUTE!! and NAUTICAL!!! And they were only 1.50 each!! I totally think I may go back and get a few more! I am inlove :) and they are WAY cuter then the ones I have from Albertsons....
Also got a really cute scarf for 4 bucks at Forever 21! While I love all their nautical stuff right now I couldnt for the life of me ever fit into their sizes! They only go to a size Large and my girls will NOT NOT NOT fit! But I do like their acessories! Very Cute and affordable! And when they break in a few weeks you dont feel bad because you didnt spend a fortune ;) I may go back and get the coral one too!
I am starting walking again this week. Starting out at 30 minutes for the first week 4 days a week and then upping it each week 15 minutes till I get to 90 minutes. I made a new playlist this morning because I spent most of the walk this morning skipping songs! LOL! It was a nice morning in the 60's and a good walk with downhill and uphill walking :) I would like to do the 5k in October at Disney and some day be able to fo a half marathon so I got my fat ass in gear today !
I wish I had something better to blog about but my life is pretty boring as of late. James and I are heading to Disney a week from tomorrow to celebrat Valentines day since he has to work on Sunday. We have to activate our annual passes and are planning on meeting some twitter friends for some park fun and I am hoping to do the American Idol experience! It will feel good to belt out a song for a crowd again! I miss singing......
I do have some book reviews to post for the next few days for my contest that I need to get my ass in gear for! I have fallen WAY BEHIND in reading lately but plan on fixing that !
Sunday, February 7, 2010
1. How many piercing's do you have?
I have 2 holes in each ear. I have had my cartilige done on me right side and third holes done but they have all closed up. I have also had my tounge pierced but that has closed as well! I can still feel the spot though and when I am drunk or upset or distracted I run my teeth across it without thinking! I also pierced my belly button in 6th grade at a sleepover but that is LONG LONG LONG gone!
2. I love the sound of.....?
James locking the door when he leaves for work! The Train at Walk Disney World, The Sounds of a Marching Band, my Mom Humming, silly singing and kids playing!
3. Favorite city?
Boston for Faneuil Hall, New York City for Time Square, Orlando for Disney
4. Colts, Saints, or could care less?
Honestly, I could care less. I am a Patriots Fan First, a Vikings Fan Second and after that... Congrats!! LOL *Congrats to the Saints though! Good Game!*
5. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
Ice Cream is my weakness..... I am prone to buying 2 or 3 kinds of Blue Bell at the store AND a box or 2 of Cookies and Creame Drumsticks!! (may have done all of this today) I like frozen yogurt but will ALWAYS choose ICe Cream over it
6. Favorite appetizer?
Mozzarella Sticks! I only eat Mozzarella cheese and I LOVE THEM!!! OR Southwest Eggrolls from Chilis!! And their Chicken Crispers, Boneless wings and Asian Boneless wings OR Fridays Fried Green Beans!! Oh Wow...... Fatty alert! Funny thing is... we havent been out to eat at anyof those places in MONTHS!! We did have Sweet Potatoe Fries at Elephant Bar on my Birthday though :) THOSE are delish
7. What item in your closet currently makes you the happiest?
My New Jeans! Fit Perfectly! 20 Bucks for Seven Jeans at Marshalls!!! Or my 4 dollar purple scarf from Forever 21! I cant wear a piece of their clothing but LOVE thier acessories!!!
8.Favorite facial moisturizer?
I have not once in my life used a face moisturizer.... not once......
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
What a Hot mess in there.... lol......I weare Bare Minerals. I SWEAR by Bare Minerals! I have bene wearing them for prolly 6 years now and while I wear differnt kinds of eye shadows and mascaras I will only put Bare Minerals on my face in the way of foundation! I was turned on to it by a friend who got not only me but 3 other friends, my mom, my ex evil ginger roommate, my bff Nicole and my best friend Elizabeth all into it!! It is miracle stuff!!
This is my non every day stuff! 4 Mac eye shadow colors ( Expensive Pink is the only color I remember off the top of my head), a brown pallet that I adore that came from Walgreens, Medium Beige and Tan foundation shades, True all over face color, Mineral Veil, Black Mascara, Black Eyeliner, a Big Buki and a VERY mini Buki, some Liner brushes and a tin of vera mints that matches my bag :)
My Brushes!!! All Bare Minerals! Eye Buki, Flawless Face Brush, Eye Shadow Brush, Handy Buki, Big Buki, Max Coverage Concealor Brush, Angled Face Brush and a mini Buki!
This is my every day Lip Gloss! Bare Minerals Buxom Lips in Clair! So pretty and Femenine! I want to find a new one that is a bit darker lile a deep rose color for fancy schmancy times! Not that I have many but options are fun!!!
And I love my matching Vera Bradley Pink Elephant Mint Tin!! I dont often eat them but sometimes a cinnamin mint is needed and I am never caught without one!! :) This is my everyday collection that I have moved into the Small Bow Tie! Perfectly holds everything!
Everyday wear is Tinted Mineral Veil, Medium tan Foundation, Warmth, Spice eyes with some Sex Panther mixed in, Clair lips and Cover Girl Lash exact Black Brown mascara!
Well that is a day in the life of my makeup bag.....lame huh.... lol!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2. Copy the award and place it on my blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated me for the award.
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself
5. Nominate 7 bloggers
Seven "interesting" things about me:
- I am the oldest and only girl grandchild/cousin on one side of the family and I was NONE too happy when the 1st boy came along when I was 6!! Trying to take all my Thunder!!
- I still sleep with my blankey... every night! Even when we go away on trips Blankey comes with me...... it is a comfort thing! And when James is sick I make sure he has Blankey with him!
- I have every single note I ever received in Middle School and High School! They are in my trunk and I just cant seem to part with them! I woudl love to publish them some day because they are just so funny/sad/pathetically teenager!
- I married my father.... through and through! And as the days go on (8 years together this November) it becomes clearer and clearer..... While I ADORE my dad.....what annoyed me about him as a kid annoys me via James now as an adult!
- I LOVE to clip coupons and collect reuseable shopping bags but 6 out of 10 shopping trips I forget both.....
- I was a late bloomer in the ways of boys..... I didnt have my first major kiss till I was 19, didnt have sex till I was 19 and didnt do much else till then either.... and it ALL happened in the same weekend in July of 1998 :) I knew I wasnt a wait till marriage type girl , I was a wait till I was good and ready type of girl! That boy is still a friend.... my husband has even met him!
- I get Marie Claire, Town and Country, Brides Guide and Glamour in the mail every month and my hubster gets Sports Illustrated and Maxim. I have a stack of magazines To Be Read next to the couch and it is ALL my magazines. As soon as Maxim makes it in the house I DEVOUR everything in it! Same with Sports Illustrated! I still havent read the December issues of my own magazines......
And NOW for my Nominations!!!!!!!!!!
*Drum Roll Please...........................................................*
- DEE - My BFFL! My love of Blackberries and Twitter brought me this girl and I am SO DAMN GLAD!!! She is the most amazing friend I have met in a very long time! We clicked from the get go and I would be nothing without her ass!!!!
- Chrissy - She is TOTALLY my Soul Sister!!! I can not wait to meet her in person and give her a HUGE hug!!!! She is my sister in Disney, Babies, Reality TV and most everything else!
- Jackie - Another Amazing Disney Friend From twitter!!! She is a night owl like me and I love her to pieces!
- Coletta Lala - My favorite Bitchy Lady! She has an AMAZINGLY refreshing outlook on all things reality TV and I just adore her! She is my Birthday Buddy too!!
- Kristin - One of my newest friends on Twitter and the blog world! I am So glad we crossed paths!!! And I am also goign to be her Blogging accountability Buddy!!!!
- Donna - The Twitter gods bring me some SUPER amazing people and Donna is one of the newest ones!!!!
- Amanda - Miss Tinney is one of my most favorite people of all time!! I am so glad that I have gotten to meet her a few times thus far and can not wait to play in the parks with her some more!!!!!!
Now Go Forth and Prosper and BLOG BLOG BLOG!!!!!! :) *especially you Kristin!*
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
So we get on the nice warm bus and we sit.... and sit.... and sit.... and sit for OVER AN HOUR! At the Wide World Of Sports..... SITTING.....getting overheated in all our layers...It was not fun at all. We were on a bus with the Massage tent workers and they were ANNOYING AS HELL!! Oh Wow.. it was like being on a school field trip bus! They were so worried as to why we wernt going and I tried a few times to explain to them that we couldnt drive on the roads untill the racers wernt ON THEM any more but they didnt seem to understand that at all. They seemed to be happy just bitching in their baby blue windbreakers so I just sat there and listened to them, for an hour.....*sigh* next year we are TOTALLY taking the early shift! lol
Once we arrived we headed over to the Goofy Tent. All the medals were lined up on pegs to hand out... James and I decided to stand outside and cheer on the athleats as they came down from the race medals, Medical and water. We were right before the Snack tent, the picture area and the baggage. We were also giving out the Perfectly Goofy Medals which was for everyone who has run EVERY SINGLE Goofy Race in the time it has existed which is 5 yeas now! To me that is AMAZING! We had checked in some of the Perfect 17 racers the day before and Those are the people who have run every single race that WDW has ever done! And they were ALL in the 40's, 50's and some even in their 80's! Another reason to just love Disney!!!! They treat their loyal people SO well!
For the next few hours it was a sea of people! Clapping and cheering them! Congradulating them! Smiling and patting on the back! We chatted with other VoluntEARs and Medical staff that were with us. They told us that Disney was going to be doing a Dopey Challenge next year for the 5k, half and full! KILLER!!! Runners get my extreme props because I dont run... I dont jog and I dont like to do either! I will walk and walk and walk but.... no running!!!! So to do all three of those is amazingly awesome to me!
James and I were asked my a Team Leader to go help at the Finish line with medals for a little while and we were happy to go! Why not? So we treaked up to the finish line and got to actually hand out medals to people! It was SO much fun! Sure people were icky and sweaty and smelly and cold and snotty and some even smelled like Pee but.... lol... how many people can say that they got to put a Medal around the neck of a first time runner who just beat cancer??? I can !
I got lots of hugs and saw tons of costumes and heard funny stories and saw a LOT of criers and it was fantastic! I am so glad we got to go up there and participate that way! We also worked for the last 90 minutes at a security gate across from the medical tent. Letting people in to see thier loved ones who had to go to medical. That gave us a lot of time to people watch which was fun. Costumes and phone calls and just over all happiness!
Come 2:30pm the Marathon as a whole was over and it was time to head back to WWoS. We got checked out and hole punched and got tickets and another lunch ;) ! We were SO tired! Glad to be heading home but SO happy with the time we had!
Pictures will be in the next entry!
An exchange they never anticipated becomes an experience none can forget -- or walk away from. Sexual hunger sizzles the threesome, but the stakes and danger rise as a mafia bad-ass stalks Brenna.
Soon, their "deal" is no longer about information -- or sex. Emotions bind Brenna, Cam and Thorn together more tightly than they ever imagined as the men protect -- and serve -- the beloved woman neither can live without.
I give this Book 5 out of 5 Nautical DooDads!!!! Because it was HOT and I couldn't put it down!!!!!
- I was raised in a VERY small town in New Hampshire that had a ski resort in it. I skied for Gym class a few times a week all through elementary school to middle school. I miss it but not enough to go back any time soon! I havent seen snow in 8ish years!
- I was raised by my Maternal Grandmother and Aunt for 21 years. I dont talk to them any more and have no desire to. They raised me to be a very strong, independent and well spoken lady but when I started to do things without asking them first they turned their backs on me! I am a better person for this and wouldnt change that for anything!
- I hate Snow and Cold. It was never a place for me. I never felt comfortable up North. I was always so happy when I vacationed in Florida or California. It was a natural choice when I packed my littel 2 door hatch back pink Hyundai named Belle that I was heading to Florida for good!
- My Mother is my best friend! She makes me nuts on the regular but without her I would be a hotter mess then I already am! I get my love of music and artsyfartsy stuff from her. My Stubborness and my Voice from her. i love her moore then words can state
- When my mom visits my most favorite thing is to sit with her and let her play with my hair. It makes me feel like a little girl again and since she loves my hair so much she has no problems with it.
- My Hair is my lot in life. Me and Anne Of Green Gables as SUCH kindrid spirits on that one! I hate it. I am a girl of mixed race with the worst hair of all time! It is frizzy and thick and curly and un manageable unless I put 15 lbs of product in it! I go thru a can of Herbal Essence Curl Mousse in 2 weeks normally! And if it wasnt for Aussie Sprunch Spray I would die!!!
- When I first moved to Florida in 2000 I was a chat room chatter! I have NO shame because in the long round about way it brought me to James. I would chat on Yahoo Chat in the Florida room. I went to "Chat Parties" and met people. I am proud that I did! I met friends that I still to this day still talk to! People that I will always consider my friends!
If anyone has any questions for me I would love to answer them :) I am a pretty open person... dont hold a lot back so please ask away :)!!!
Monday, February 1, 2010
This is what Disney consideres as a "Breakfast"! Trail Mix, Water, String Cheese, Crackers, Peanuts and 2 snickers bars..... honestly yall.... a muffin wouldnt have killed you ;) Snickers at 3 am is energizing but not healthy!!!!
There is always a choice of Roast Beef, Turkey or Veggie.
This was my crudentials for the Marathon! I felt so very important! What they would do was hole punch when you check in for your shift and give you your jacket, Hole Punch when yo got your lunch and then hole punch when you checked out of your shift when they would give you your free ticket!
The 2010 Full Marathon Collectors Pin :) I may have gotten away with 1 or 2!!
Working the Check in booths on Day 1! I LOVED our shirts~~~~
AHH!!! 3am at Epcot getting Hot cocoa!!! It was SO GOD DAMN FUCKING COLD! It was in the 20's with the wind chill!!!
It was a SEA of voluntears!!
Frumpy LOVE!!!!! This was us waiting on the bus to head to Epcot :)